Top stocks, companies, and cryptocurrencies to invest in for the blockchain boom
How to Invest in Blockchain Technology
Blockchain technology powers Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but there are many ways to invest in blockchain tech without pouring your money into these digital currencies. The first is to look into blockchain startups (we’ll detail more in the next section).
The second option is crowdfunding platforms, as blockchain startups in their infancy will often look into crowdfunding to get off the ground. A platform called BnkToTheFuture allows investors to place their money into several Bitcoin and blockchain startups.
Another possibility is to invest in the initial coin offerings, or ICOs, of new blockchain projects. Blockchain companies issue cryptocurrencies or other tokens through ICOs in order to raise capital. There is a bit more risk in this route, as this new form of crowdfunding is still rather unregulated, but the returns reported thus far have been stellar.
Top Blockchain Stocks & Companies to Invest In
The following six blockchain stocks and companies have become popular investment choices:
- BTCS: With a market cap of more than $7 million and shares trading around 14 cents as of this writing, BTCS is a solid entry point for blockchain investors. It’s the first blockchain-centric public company in the U.S. and was one of the first entrants into the digital currency space.
- Global Arena Holding: Global Arena Holding acquires patents related to blockchain tech, but it’s also working on applying that tech to ATMs. If successful, this could have major implications for the everyday consumer.
- DigitalX: DigitalX developed a mobile product called AirPocket that assists with secure cross-border payments from more than 30,000 locations in 14 countries, primarily in North and South America.
- BTL Group: The Vancouver-based company offers blockchain solutions across several spaces, including banking and fantasy sports.
- Coinsilium Group: This London-based company invests in other blockchain startups and helps develop them. It was also the first recognized IPO for a blockchain tech company.
- First Bitcoin Capital: This company focuses on acquiring Bitcoin startups and funding them to develop both hardware and software for the cryptocurrency.
Price: EUR 79,99